Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Would Jesus wear a Rolex?
With all apologies to Ray Stevens and referenced televangelists, I would like to suggest Jesus may have worn the timepiece. I don't think a cursory reading would show JC to be into ostentatious or conspicuous consumption. Yet he was accused of hangin with hoes and IRS agents and enjoying some of the finer gastronomic offerings of the top shelf crowd. He'd have been capable of knowing time without the trapping, and could appreciated the difference between Swiss excellence and a cheap armband quartz. I envision he'd tasted both the Boone's Farm and Dom Perignon. He was neither addicted to expensive taste nor to reverse snobbery. He would not have flaunted and the Roman soldiers would have been pleasantly surprised in playing craps. I guess I need to know my own motives and not judge others for what I project them to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment